High product quality guarantees success to EUROCEMENT Group’s business. The holding company invests, on an ongoing basis, in promising research in that field, implements the program of purchase and installation of the state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, which allows conducting tests in conformity with the European standards.
HIGH-QUALITY PRODUCTS = HIGH SUSTAINABILITY IN THE FINISHED ARTICLE
- The quality of the input materials, raw mixtures, clinker and finished cement is monitored on a continual basis
- The laboratory use of state-of-the-art equipment allows obtaining test results on a real-time basis, thus offering an opportunity to adjust the industrial process for the release of high-quality products
- High quality of all cements of eurocement group is proved by the certificates of voluntary certification system
- A technological map is drawn up for each item of infrastructure, thereby making it possible to reduce the amount of cement that is lost
- The product delivery system that is in place guarantees that the required amount of cement can be delivered to the construction site in a very short space of time
- Ergonomic packaging enables the amount of material used at the site to be monitored
- The fact that there are several plants in the region where the customer operates means that an uninterrupted supply of cement to the construction sites is guaranteed
REGULATORY DOCUMENTS FOR PRODUCED CEMENTS
Compliance with the requirements for cements and cement composition set forth in the regulatory documents is a precondition for production.
Since September 1, 2004, the State Committee of the Russian Federation for Construction and Housing and Utility Complex (Gosstroy of Russia) brought into force GOST 31108-2003, which replaced GOST 10178-85 as the state standard of the Russian Federation.
The above-mentioned standard is harmonized with the European standard EN 197-1, specifying common classification, technical requirements and methods for identifying the compliance of cement quality with the requirements of the standard for all European Union Member States.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CEMENTS AND CEMENT TESTING METHODS IN CONFORMITY WITH THE NEW STANDARD
GOST 31108-2003 prescribes the standard value of initial strength, a critical parameter for customers in designing concretes and selecting concrete mixtures. In many cases, ensuring initial strength is a factor which affects specific consumption of cement in concrete.
When cement is tested in compliance with GOST 31108-2003, the human factor impact is minimized as the standard prescribes the permanent water-cement ratio (0.5), the use of automated testing equipment and polyfractional standard sand.
The standard implementation guarantees the improvement of cement production and consumption processes.
CONCERNING THE TRANSITION OF CEMENT PLANTS OF EUROCEMENT GROUP HOLDING TO PRODUCTION OF CEMENTS ACCORDING TO GOST 31108-2003
Having assessed the benefits of the new standard, Eurocement Group, following the lead of Russia’s most reputable construction organizations such as NIIZhB, Tsemiskon, BSTU named after V. G. Shukhov and UGTU-UPI, conducted research aimed at identifying the construction and operational features of concretes based on the cements produced according to GOST 31108-2003. The findings showed that the construction and technical properties of the cements produced according to GOST 31108-2003 are comparable with the cements produced according to GOST 10178-85.
This allowed all Russian cement plants of EUROCEMENT Group to switch to production of standard cements according to GOST 31108-2003 as from July 1, 2008.